I’m just NOW getting over my mild version of the flu. It’s been a rough couple of weeks. But Will and I are survivors so we persevered. We also may have self-medicated with fish ‘n chips three nights in a row and then had burgers with friends. Our bodies kinda love/hate us right now.
So, in the spirit of being sick and lazy I’d thought I make a Scotland bucket list. We have a few goodbyes to say in the coming months so we’ve been talking about Scotland bucket lists. Of course, Will and I have more than a few months left here, but I thought it would be a good idea to get started on it now so we’re not scrambling to fit it all in later. Though, I’m sure that in those last few weeks we’ll still be scrambling and trying to fit in as much of this wonderful place as possible!
So, here’s our Scotland bucket list. We’ll probably add to it as we think of more things.
- Ride the Jacobite Train
- Hike Binnean Niem Beann
- Go on a whiskey tour (this one’s more for Will)
- Road trip around Scotland
- See more of the highlands
- Go to the Orkneys
- See Hadrian’s Wall
- See more of the west coast
It doesn’t seem like much but it’s not that big of a country but a couple of these items are things I want to do again (highlands, Glencoe, and the west coast). We’ve been lucky enough to have done a lot already:
- Isle of Skye
- Hike the tallest Munro (Ben Nevis)
- Hug a baby lamb!!
- Go camping in a Bothie
- Glasgow (1 & 2)
- St. Andrews ( a number of times!)
- Check out a whiskey distillery (Talisker)
- West coast (Iona)
- See a few castles (1, 2, & 3)
- Have a Scottish breakfast (a couple of times!)